EDIT So sorry things are going slow right now. I suddenly end up having to go to the hospital. I got diagnosed with minor upper respiratory infection. I feel a little better from yesterday, but I still have to take it easy. So I may end up being a little sluggish cuz I'm still pretty sick. Dont worry, I have medicine that'll help my lungs and I'm taking care of myself. I'll continue doing my best for this group with this contest. All I ask is for you to bear with me and also rely on my fellow admins to help out as well. I'll be ok ^-^
Heyooo everyone! Are you all ready to face your fears this upcoming Halloween? >:3 Well, prepare yourselves, cuz I'm about to toss in a spoopy scary contest in your face! Its DOUBLE the horror this time round! >8D This is your host, SargeantSweety
and welcome to...THE FEAR/PHOBIA THEMED DRAGON FACE OFF CHALLENGE!!!
OK! The contest this Halloween features, you guessed it, dragon designs based on your worst fears! Doesnt that get your skin crawling just thinking about your phobia in a shape of a dragon? .____. I can already imagine mine and its probably gonna haunt me in my nightmares later T___T
This contest idea was inspired by one of my all time favorite tv shows, 'Face Off' ( as :devbumbleraven: mentioned before ). No, I'm not talking about the movie, but the tv series featured on the Syfy channel. For those who dont know, the series is a competition between artists, who specialized in the special effects makeup department, compete against one another to see who makes the best costumes based on whatever theme the judges gives them pretty much. Its definitely a great show, and fun to see the works that the artists create at the end. If you're into special effects makeups and like intense competitions, I suggest you check it out. You can find the series online as well X3
Ok, onto the important info!!JUDGING
The judges shall use the same categories the judges in the show used: Originality, Creativity, Technique, and an extra I'm adding, Fear Meter. The Fear Meter will be determined using the 1:5 ratio. If it makes shivers go our spines, its definitely a 5, get what I mean? Try your best to scare us!
Our judges for this contest will be:
Our supreme ruler of this awesome group, TheBumbleRaven
One of our newest admins Nocturnaliss
And our other newest admins MaskedDragonNamedLinUPDATE
10/8/2017 8:43AM: All entries must be submitted to this specific folder: dragon-fanatics.deviantart.com…RULES
1. The dragon design must be based of your OWN, PERSONAL fear/phobia..no one elses >:3 The contestants on the 'Face Off' series have done the same thing when they came up with phobia themed costumes. Who knows, maybe you'd be able to confront your fears this way X3
2. You may use visual medias whether they be digital, or traditional means. You could add some creepy details in your descriptions if you like. It could raise the Fear Meter if its scary enough
3. Backgrounds of course may be added since they can really add the fear atmosphere, but make sure it doesnt obscure your dragon too much so the judges can see them enough to ...well....judge them lol
4. Up to 3 submissions can be done since I understand that people have more than a couple of fears/phobias. However, only one will be picked as a winner
5. Lets keep our entries nice and clean peeps! Its important to showcase contest entries nicely, dont you think?
6. Of course lets keep under DA guidelines as well our group rules.
7. Art theft will NOT be tolerated whatsoever. Anyone who gets caught submitting a stolen/copied/traced piece will be automatically disqualified, and banned from this group altogether.
8. Lets also be sure to get along! Please do not harrass or bully one other. This is supposed to be a fun, festive, friendly competition. We dont want any kind of drama to suddenly explode in the group. If theres a problem with a member, or even an admin, because sure admins can screw up too, please send a note, but also some form of proof, such as a screenshot and we'll be right on it like vultures to a carcass!
9. Most importantly, we want you to have fun with this. We are giving you enough time to start and finish your submissions. No pressure whatsoever! GO CRAZY!! DEADLINE
You have until the end of November, the 30th, so you'll have enough time to get it all done ^^PRIZES 1st Place
Two free custom designs of your choice from the adopt account P0NDAP0N
, and one picture of your character w/o a background by SOMMY-OF-BRERO
A full body, cell shaded character with simple backdrop by MaskedDragonNamedLin 2nd Place
One free custom design of your choice from the adopt account P0NDAP0N
A full page drawing with 1 or 2 dragons with watercolor background by Lapazluzee
Ex: fav.me/dbpsje6 3rd Place
A dragon sketch or head drawing by TheLunaDiviner
A dragon headshot by Lapazluzee